Health Careers Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > International > Work opportunities in New Zealand
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Internships for overseas medical student

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 8>
Author
Guest Group
Guest Group
  Quote Eva Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Internships for overseas medical student
    Posted: 12 Apr 2010 at 12:36pm

Dear Sir/Madam

My name is Eva and  I am a 22-year-old medical student from Belgium. At the moment I'm a fifth-year student, which means that I have completed the first part of my training and that currently I am a master student.

In the academic year 2011-2012 I will have completed the more theoretical part of my training and will start my internships. Our university gives us the opportunity to do one of these internships in a hospital abroad. I would very much like to go abroad as I think it is important to broaden my (medical) horizon and to get an impression of other healthcare systems.

I was wondering whether it would be possible to do an internship at your hospital. This internship takes up three months. I understand that you can not grand my request based on this email. If you require any further information please let me know.

Should this not be the correct way to apply for an internship I would be grateful if you could direct me to the right person(s).

Looking forward to hearing from you,

Yours faithfully,

Eva

healthCareers View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Online Status: Offline
  Quote healthCareers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Apr 2010 at 12:39pm
HI Eva,

Yes, it is possible to do a medical student electives in a hospital in New Zealand. All placements are co-ordinated by the two universities in New Zealand which offer medical degrees. You will need to contact them directly to participate in their programme.

Please contact either (or both) for further information at:

Thanks for your question and we wish you the best of luck!

Kind Regards
HealthcareersNZ
om prakash View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
  Quote om prakash Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Apr 2011 at 3:05pm
hello friend i am omprakash i have completed my mbbs on march 2nd from china now i have to do my one year internship program in the hospital so pls tell me abt newzelaind hospital and fee is there any opertunity to get job with intern because i am from middle class family
Admin Group
Admin Group

Quote healthCareers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Apr 2011 at 11:27am
Hi Omprakash,

To work in New Zealand as a Doctor you will first need to be registered with the NZ Medical Council. Once you are registered with them, you will be eligible to apply for our internship programme which is call the ACE programme.

For more information please visit ACE and NZ Medical Council.

We wish you the best of luck,

Kind Regards
HealthcareersNZ
Sarah View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
  Quote Sarah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Nov 2011 at 6:37am
hi! im planning to have my 5th year Post graduate Medical internship there in new zealand, can u please help me , what are the requirements i should submit? im from the philippines. thanks a lot!
Admin Group
Admin Group

Quote healthCareers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Nov 2011 at 10:30pm
Hi Sarah

To work in New Zealand as a Doctor you will first need to be registered with the NZ Medical Council. Once you are registered with them, you will be eligible to apply for our internship programme which is called the ACE programme.

For more information please visit ACE and NZ Medical Council.

We wish you the best of luck.

Kind regards,
Healthcareers

hagit View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
  Quote hagit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Dec 2011 at 6:54am
Is the intership year with pay?
Admin Group
Admin Group

Quote healthCareers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Dec 2011 at 9:01am

Hi Hagit,

Yes the internship is paid.

Kind regards,
Healthcareers
kumar View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
  Quote kumar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jan 2012 at 10:54am
Dear sir
I am looking for an internship in hospital in administration department, when I am on my dissertation during my studies in UK. Kindly guide me for that.

thank you
kumar View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
  Quote kumar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jan 2012 at 10:55am
I am looking for internship in NZ.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 8>